A mum was shocked to find two tablets hidden in a slice of pizza in her garden and is now warning others about risks for their pet dogs.
Louise Rushforth, 32, found the food with two white tablets inside on a grassed area under her kitchen window on Friday morning.
She decided to share the image to warn other people as she believes the pizza slice may have been left there to potentially harm pets.
The mum-of-one lives in her property on Victor Way, in Thornaby, Teesside, with her five-year-old son and an indoor cat.
It is unclear what the pills are, but Louise described them as small, oval shape and white with a number five on the back.
She said: “I got up on the morning and was getting sorted as I was going out with my son.
“I saw the piece of pizza and thought it might have been next door that chucked it over or one of the kids or something.
“I picked it up and I thought it looks like it’s been nibbled.
“Then I saw the two tablets stuck inside of it.”
Louise said there are a number of dogs in surrounding properties, including a large Bull Terrier, which she believes the pizza could have been left for.
“It was facing upwards, but it could have been a coincidence,” she said.
“If it had been chucked over the tablets didn’t fall out.”
She thinks someone made their way into the garden overnight as she went there on Thursday evening and there was nothing there.
Images were shared on social media, with one person stating: “If one of our pets had eaten it, it would have killed them.
“Someone’s obviously trying to harm our pets, please please check your gardens at all times.”